Monday, August 20, 2007

Zayed to go on Mission Istanbul

Bobby Deol, currently riding the wave of success with his lauded performance in Jhoom Barabar Jhoom and Apne, is out of Apoorva Lakhia’s Mission Istanbul. Zayed Khan has stepped into his place. "I’m happy Zayed had stepped in. I guess he brings a different mood to the role," Lakhia said. This is Lakhia’s first film with Zayed.

"I’ve seen a couple of his films. He’s young and cocky. We can play on that. He plays a young inexperienced guy in a mature world," he added. Explaining the reason behind this change in the cast, Lakhia said, "We were supposed to go on the floors on August 1 but because of Ramzan and Id the date got pushed up the result that Bobby can no longer do the project. It is sad because he was the first one I signed. The film requires 60 days in Turkey at a stretch. And I’ve to finish it by the end of November before winter sets in and the days get short and cold."

0 Comments: