Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Big B puts Raj at ease for role in RGV’s flick

Debutante Prashant Raj was petrified while shooting for Ram Gopal Varma Ki Aag recently. The model-turned-actor narrates his unforgettable incident. "While shooting for Ram Gopal Varma Ki Aag, there was scene which required me to stand on a 35 feet rock mouthing lengthy dialogue. When I saw the rock, I was thrilled and thought it would be fun standing on top. But when I went up and stood on the rock mouthing my dialogue, I realised that the wind was rough and it was rather scary. Just a little slip or push and I would have been down in the valley. I just forgot about the thrill and somehow managed to give my shot,"

he explains.The shot was akin to the famous scene from Sholay where Prashant had to go to Babban’s (Big B) den to rescue Heroo (Ajay Devgan) and Ghungroo (Nisha Kothari).Prashant plays Amitabh Bachchan’s character, Jai. "I am a serious character in the film. I have a very rough look and wear

jeans and a stud in the ear. I have two metal balls, which I use as a weapon, unlike Sholay where Bachchan uses a coin. I also wear a neck piece," he shares. He adds, "When I met Big B for the first time on the film’s sets, he gave me a big warm hug and made me feel very comfortable. This helped me overcome my inhibitions of playing his famous character in front of him in this film. I had great fun shooting for it."When asked if he is prepared for the comparison that is bound to follow once the film releases Prashant says, "I can’t escape from it. But I just feel that if the audiences go with an open mind, they will definitely enjoy the flavour RGV has added to my role and the entire film."

0 Comments: