Monday, August 20, 2007

Pooja Bhatt the Daddy’s girl tolerates no dhoka

Pooja Bhatt is back with her third film as a director, Dhoka. The actress talks passionately about her venture and also admits that she had to take help from her father Mahesh Bhatt. When asked why she felt the need for her director-father’s help, Pooja says, "I had to request him to step in since I couldn’t deal with Muzzamil Ibrahim after a certain point of time. Muzzamil comes from a traditional background having studied in an all-male environment. He had a some problems with taking orders from women. But I did put him in his place."

She adds, "My priority was the film. I could have easily replaced him, but instead, decided to discipline him. There is an unsaid rule that you should listen to seniors, especially to those who give you a break. He is new and he can’t have such an attitude. His behaviour not only offended me, but annoyed the entire unit. They said that they cannot deal with somebody who is so arrogant. But we finished the film with dignity."

She explains, "He is just starting his career and I don’t want to cause harm to him. But I asked my father to step in because he had to be reminded of his contract. I had spent 20 days of shooting and 40 days of rehearsals, so he would not dare walk out or I could sue him. I decide on my artistes, their costumes and even makeup well in advance, so that they look their best. We need to discipline people who are new or else they will not have a lasting career."

Pooja says, "My dad was present on the sets every day. Yes, I couldn’t say ‘action’ and ‘cut’ for a senior artiste like Anupam (Kher) and I requested my father to do the honours for me."

Post Dhoka, the director-actress has already planned her next venture titled Mushkil. "I will be introducing a new boy and two girls. It will be a very exciting role for the man, somewhat like John Abrahim’s role in Jism. It is about a small time boy who comes to a big city to get rich and famous. How he gets sucked in and lives the way the city forces him to, is shown in the film. But, I have not yet decided if I will be directing the film," says Pooja.

0 Comments: