Monday, August 20, 2007

Upen has his kitty full of films

Upen Patel has been signed to play the parallel lead with Govinda in choreographer-turned-director Ganesh Acharya’s forthcoming venture Money Hai To Honey Hai. The film is a light-hearted comedy which also stars Irrfan Khan in a pivotal role. The leading lady is yet to be finalised. Apart from this film, the 36 China Town actor, has signed a three-film deal with Ashtavinayak Films for Rs 1.5 crores. The first film to be directed by Neeraj Vohra will be launched in November.

The actor has also signed a three-film deal with Kumar Mangat Productions. Out of these, the actor is doing their first film One Two Three opposite Tanishaa. The film being directed by debutant Ashwin Dheer, has an ensemble cast of Paresh Rawal, Suneil Shetty, Tusshar Kapoor, Esha Deol and Sameera Reddy. The actor has also signed Abbas-Mustan’s forthcoming venture to be launched in January and director Suneel Darshan’s next film. When contacted, the Namastey London star, who is currently shooting in Goa refused to divulge the details of his films. “All I can say at the moment is that I am doing Kumar’s One Two Three. Tusshar, Esha, Tanishaa, Sameera and I are having a lot of fun,” the actor says.

“I am glad that I did films like Shakalaka Boom Boom and Namastey London. I have got the best debutant award at most of the award functions this year. What more can I ask for? I have no godfather in the industry and am still struggling to make a place for myself,” says Upen.

0 Comments: